Monday, January 13, 2014

January 13, 2014

I didn't get a general letter from Alec this week, but I will share his insights that he wrote for me...needless to say, it brought me to tears to read his beautiful counsel to me.  There is nothing in this world more amazing than a mission...to be immersed in spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ can ONLY bring about a maturity and spirit like this out of an 18 year old boy.  

Hello,
 
So sounds like everything is going good at home. I have studied patience a lot and I feel like this can relate if I can remember... in a talk by Uckdurf? haha last October?  He gave a talk on patience and it's really good you need to read it.  Anyway I feel like patience and faith walk hand in hand.  If you have faith that the Lord has a plan and His plan is perfect, you will have patience to go through all the crap to get the end goal. Patience is actively waiting without getting frustrated and having all the bad vibes. I know the Lord has a plan for you and His hand is guiding you through this experience in every aspect.  In my Patriarchal blessing the 3rd page halfway down talks about the things in my childhood, all the ugliness will be used for my benefit. That is true in your work experience.  The hard part is to realize that.  I loved what Jake said in his letter about following the Spirit. Trust yourself, the Lord trusts you so trust in yourself.  Haters gunna Hate 

Anyways this week my comp and I switched things up - dropped the people that don't keep any commitments and starting anew.  I feel like Utah switching from WAC or whatever to PAC 12.  Struggling for the first part but I believe we are going to get rolling sometime. We had 2 days in a row where not one person let us in and just walked for 8 hours... But I have faith that the field is white ready to harvest and we just got to get some thorns to get to the good stuff.  We are getting a lot, a lot better and I'm trying to learn how to love.  It's hard. 

Have a good week, trust yourself, have patience and love. 

Love you! 
Elder Jackson 2

No comments:

Post a Comment